Thursday, January 6, 2011

hello moment.

today i am listening to: abbey road side B
  




i'm carpe diem-ing myself and beginning my 2011 new year's resolution six days late. luckily the deadline for completion is 359 days away.... so i'm way ahead of the game! this calls for champagne.






i thought i might patch together a little blog of thoughts and photographs and musings of everyday insignificance... for no other reason than perhaps sharing the way i waste my time seems a bit less lonely than wasting my time all to myself.


school upon school upon school is finally over for me. and off to the races i go- the job hunt. a few very glamorous things are in the works, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed and my head in the clouds until then...

i promise to keep everyone posted. no pun intended.
(get it? post? blog? ... shut up, i'm new to this)

here is a list of things i will be resolut-ing in this shiny new year:

#1 .quit slurping my soup and/or cereal. or perhaps invent a soup-flavored cereal.
this is a truly bad habit and particularly evident when on dates with my boyfriend's parents. so untimely.

#2. spend more time doing things that may not benefit my life in any way or have any practical value, but simply make me feel better.
for instance, today i did lunges while waiting for pizza to heat in the microwave. moments of brilliance.

#3. find a new, creative hobby
(but maybe not this one)

#4. smile more. frown less... (so much cheaper than botox)

#5. and finally, KILL IT in my chosen profession and set the world on fire. (can of gasoline is SO ready to go.) and perhaps then i'll be able to afford:

this!
(and another 50 to adorn every square foot of ceiling in my home)


so- happy new year, darlings. the greatest things are about to happen. the greatest things are around the corner, waiting for you, all of you. and all you have to do until then
                                              is hope.
1. Good or bad, use the lessons of last year to shine brighter in this one
adam j. kurtz


tip the world over on its side and everything loose will land in los angeles. -frank lloyd wright

xoxo. -tory

No comments:

Post a Comment